This simple dish is a true symphony of wonderful flavours, textures and colours. The seductive aroma of the tender red basmati rise is accentuated with fresh herbs, chickpeas and pistachios only. So if you have some 20 minutes on your hands, let’s go prepare this beauty.
What do you need:
- 150g red basmati rice
- Fresh herbs: about 5 sage leaves, 2-3 lavender leaves, thyme. Combine and change the herbs quantity as you like.
- 150-200g cooked chickpease
- 50-100g raw unsalted pistachios
- salt and olive oil
How to make it:
- Preheat the pan at mid temperature, add some oil and finely chopped fresh herbs stirring for a minute or two. Add previously rinsed and drained rice and fry for another few minutes together with herbs. Than add water and a bit of salt, reduce the heat and leave it until the rice is tender and the water gone.
- In another preheated pan add just a bit of oil and toast chickpeas and pistachios, adding some salt at the end. Than just lay them over the sauteed rice and enjoy.
- You can add some dry spices to chickpeas and pistachios before toasting for a fuller flavour: some more thyme, red paprika powder or turmeric.