Ok I might have gone a bit far on my ingredients list here, but these are so delightfully delicious and moist you just have to give them a go. And so easy and quick to make you’ll be amazed. Use any fruits you like and happily munch them for breakfast or for no particular reason but to indulge in the taste.
What do you need for 12 muffins:
- 220g oat flour
- 150g chickpea flour
- 90g coconut sugar
- 1ts baking powder
- 150g cooked and mashed chickpeas
- 200ml aquafaba or just plain water
- 3 tb spoons of grounded flax seeds
- 2 tb spoons of coconut oil
- about 150ml almond milk
- 300g of any berries or finely chopped fruits, I used blackberries
- optional: 2 ts agave syrup
How to make it:
- Mix the flax seeds with 100ml aquafaba (the water you cooked the chickpeas in) or water and leave it aside.
- In a bowl mix the flours, coconut sugar, salt and backing powder.
- Take another bowl and mix chickpeas with the rest of aquafaba, flax seeds and water, coconut oil and if you want it to be sweeter add some agave syrup. In the end add all to the bowl with flours, mix adding enough almond milk to make a thick and runny batter.
- And finally mix in the fruits. You can sprinkle the muffins with some coconut sugar before baking. Bake at 180-200C for about 15 mins until the muffins rise and become beautifully golden brown.