This makes a fantastic lunch. Or dinner. Or even breakfast for those of you who like it savoury 🙂 The great thing is it’s pretty and big enough to be shared and it so easily packed as a workday lunch or a picnic treat.
Anyway, the spotlight here goes on this hearty and delicious quinoa salad as the baked sweet potato is only one option for indulging in it. You can even alter the flavours from fresh, creamy to rich and sweet by choosing different dressings. This one here is just one of the many possibilities to play with.
I'd have a baked sweet potato stuffed with this hearty quinoa salad for dinner, lunch and breakfast anyday😍 Well no, not for breakfasts really I still need those to be sweet & fruity 🙈🙃 #lunch #dinner #vegan #plantbased #food #recipe #sweetpotato #quinoa #salad #plantbasedlife #plantpowered #vegansofig #whatveganseat #onthetable #delicious #nutrition #foodphotography #healthyfood #healthychoices #stayhealthy #stayhappy
What do you need:
- 1 sweet potato
for the salad
- 100g quinoa
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 avocado
- mixed green salads or any baby green of your choice
for the dressing
- about 50g mixed seeds: sunflower, flax, sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to make it:
- Wash thoroughly the sweet potato, stab the skin with a fork all over, wrap in foil and put in the oven at 200C to bake. It will take about 30 – 40 min depending on the size of the potato.
- Rinse the quinoa to remove any bitterness and cook in about twice as much salted water. Bring to boil than leave to simmer for the next 10min until the grains open up and become soft. All of the water should be absorbed by now. Let it cool a bit.
- Make the dressing: toast the seeds in a frying pan for a few minutes, no oil added. Than mix them well with other ingredients.
- Mix the quinoa with fresh mix of green salads, sliced raw zucchini and avocado.
- Open up the potato, stuff the salad and top with the dressing.